Stress affects the human body and the mind in multiple ways. It can cause premature aging to skin, heart disease, and even cancer says Paul Haarman. Stress is one of those things that we are not likely to avoid, however, there are some simple but effective ways of managing it like exercise and diet.
WebMD reports that according to a survey, more than half of Americans are living with chronic stress in their life. Exercise and diet can help you relieve stress, improve your mood and boost your overall energy level.
With the growing number of people reporting strain and anxiety, experts have come up with simple ways to reduce stress levels through exercise and diet. We all know that exercising is important for overall health and fitness, however, when it comes to relieving stress, physical activity is more effective than anything.
5 tips on how to relieve stress using exercise and diet by Paul Haarman
1. Exercise releases endorphins that bring a positive change in your mood and also relieve tension. Exercise helps you sleep better at night, thus enabling you to handle stress easier the next day. Getting involved in a physical activity like sports and exercising with friends can relieve stress and boost your self-esteem due to enhanced confidence levels. Exercise also increases the serotonin levels responsible for bringing positive emotions like joy, happiness, and relaxation, thus minimizing the effect of stress.
2. You should regularly eat foods that reduce anxiety and depression. Such as oily fish (salmon), complex carbohydrates like whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating processed sugar, junk food, or drinking excessive alcohol. This will only add to your problems by causing fatigue, brain fog, or mood
3. Being active will help you manage stress better as it brings focus to the tasks at hand. And boosts energy levels for completing them successfully. You need to set up a workable schedule for working out and sticking to it. Reliable sources suggest that 30 minutes of physical activity like walking, jogging, or swimming every day is all you need for maintaining good mental health.
4. Vigorous exercise like jogging, running, cycling, etc strengthens the body and increases self-esteem. Which, in turn, helps in controlling the release of stress hormones.
5. Diet is another effective way to reduce the body’s response to stress by balancing mood-enhancing neurotransmitters. And minimizing the production of hormones that cause anxiety and depression. So, make sure you eat a healthy diet that consists of whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, etc.
Exercise and diet have helped many people deal with stress effectively. Now you know how it works, so get started on relieving stress by exercising or eating healthily today!
Paul Haarman says, relieving stress is made easier by exercise and diet. Exercise releases endorphins that bring a positive change in your mood and also relieve tension. Exercise helps you sleep better at night, thus enabling you to handle stress easier the next day.
Diet is another effective way to reduce the body’s response to stress by balancing mood-enhancing neurotransmitters. And minimizing the production of hormones that cause anxiety and depression.